The Graduate Minority Committee (GMC)The GMC works to enhance diversity in the Biological Sciences Division by providing a central office that coordinates the following functions:
1. promote social, cultural and scientific interactions
- 2. increase awareness of minority issues
- 3. provide administrative student support, educational programs and mentorship
- 4. ensure and increase availability of funds for minority programs
- 5. improve student recruitment strategies through networking with established regional and national URM-serving organizations as well as by enhancing our programs' visibility.
The committee is led by co-chairs Dr. William Green, Professor in the Department of Neurobiology, and Dr. Michael LaBarbera, Professor in the Department of Organismal Biology & Anatomy, and is composed of 31 faculty, administrators, and students, who represent the breadth of our graduate programs.
To view the Graduate Minority Committee Members click here.
To learn about University wide diversity initiatives click here.